2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Walla Walla sweet onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
7 sage leaves, sliced into strips
3 cups squash, peeled and cut into cubes
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and Pepper – to taste
1 cup chicken stock
Heavy Cream (optional)
Reserved Pasta Water (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet; add onion and garlic and cook until lightly brown about 4 minutes.
- Add sage, squash, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and continue cooking until squash has softened.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth; adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Serve over fettuccine noodles.
To achieve a thinner sauce, add small amounts of reserved pasta water until desired consistently has been reached; to achieve a creamier texture, add small amounts of heavy cream until desired consistency has been reached.